US business terms are covered, as well as financial jargon. - New edition of best-selling dictionary, covering all aspects of business strategy, marketing, taxation, accounting, operations management, investment, banking and international finance
- Now includes in-depth coverage of management concepts, theories and jargon, human resources, and social psychology
- Covers e-commerce, including up-to-date vocabulary needed for buying and selling online
- Updated to cover the expansion of the EU
- New appendix listing useful websites
New to this edition
- Hundreds of new entries on management and human resources, reflecting the increased focus on these areas in business
- Expanded coverage of internet related business terms and concepts
- All existing material revised, to bring volatile areas (such as tax and benefits) completely up to date
- Increased coverage of new business jargon (eg. KPA, KPI, Shamrock organization )
- Includes list of useful websites for further research
The Dictionary of Business and Management is a wide-ranging and informative guide to all areas of business. New entries include management concepts (e. g. competence, knowledge management), and named theories (e. g. Tannenbaum and Schmidt, Blake and Mouton ). It also covers new terms from fast-changing fields such as current affairs (covering terms such as Private finance initiative and private-public partnership ), and Internet business (including terms such as bricks-and-clicks, B2B and viral marketing ). In addition to these areas, coverage of social psychology as it relates to management has been expanded, and now covers concepts such as group task theory, group productivity theory, role theory, and leadership theory. It features up-to-date coverage of over 6,700 terms from marketing to taxation and accounting, business strategy and international finance. The new, fourth edition of this established bestseller has been updated to include terms relating to human resources and management, reflecting the growing focus on these areas in modern business. Written by a specialized team of contributors in a clear and accessible style, the dictionary will prove indispensable to both business students and professionals.
Oxford Dictionary Of Business & Management
|Формат:|| Страниц 576|
Oxford University Press
Особливості перекладу газетної лексики
Матеріали газетно-інформаційного жанру складають основний зміст газетних текстів. Перекладачу газетно-інформаційної літератури часто доводиться перекладати статті і замітки інформаційного характеру з англійських і американських газет, і йому слід добре знати стилістичні особливості таких матеріалів. Граючи важливу роль в житті суспільства, газетно-інформаційне повідомлення в той або інший ступені привертає до себе увагу представників різних суспільних наук – економічної теорії, права, соціології, психології, а також ця сфера привертає увагу і лінгвістів. Зокрема – лінгвістів-перекладачів. Різні, деколи взаємовиключні погляди на суть перекладу і його принципів доводиться спостерігати на різних етапах розвитку людської думки 2000 Томахин Г.Д. США. Лингвострановедческий словарь.–Р.: Русский язык, 2001. – 576 с. 45. Lo gma Dic io ary of Co emporary E glish, 2000 46. Lo gma Busi ess E glish Dic io ary, 2000 47. Lo gma Idioms Dic io ary, 2000 48. ABBYY Li gvo 9.0 49. Ra dom House Dic io ary 50. he Oxford Russia Dic io ary., edi ed by Pual Falla. Oxford-Moscow, 1997. – 737 с. 51. Fi a cial imes, ewspaper.
|Dictionary of Business & Management CMI Bloomsbury Publishing Jonathan G. |
Contains over 6,000 key business terms with full and jargon-free definitions.
|Illustrated Oxford Dictionary DK Dorling Kindersley |
|The Concise Oxford Dictionary Of English Etymology Oxford University Press |
|Oxford Dictionary Of Biology Oxford University Press Elizabeth M. |
|Oxford Dictionary Of Ecology Oxford University Press |
|Oxford Dictionary Of Idioms Oxford University Press Judith S. |
- Hundreds of illustrative quotations, both modern and historical offer, readers a clear idea of how the phrases can be used. - Boxed features offer fascinating additional information for many entries
- A brand-new accessible and elegant design makes the text easy to navigate
- The book draws on the latest findings of the Oxford English Dictionary, the largest language research programme in the world
- Over 350 new entries, including idioms such as ' chew the scenery' , ' jump the shark' , and ' give someone the hairy eyeball' . Over 500 new quotations from sources such as Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, and Arundhati Roy
New to this edition
- Over 350 new entries, including idioms such as ' chew the scenery' , ' jump the shark' , and ' give someone the hairy eyeball' . - Over 500 new quotations from sources such as Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, and Arundhati Roy
- New accessible and elegant design, with idioms arranged by key word
- Virtual tabs for easy reference
Did you know that ' flavour of the month' originated in a marketing campaign in American ice-cream parlours in the 1940s, when a particular flavour would be specially promoted for a month at a time?
|Oxford Dictionary Of Physics Oxford University Press John D. |
New features include an index of useful web links, up-to-date entries on topics such as dark energy, decoherence, quantum computing, and information theory, and chronologies of major discoveries in the main fields of physics, including atomic theory, cosmology, and microscopy
An excellent introduction to physics for beginners, and an ideal reference tool for students of physics, either at school or at university.
|Oxford Dictionary Of Slang Oxford University Press John A. |
Including surprisingly old words such as booze and guzzle to the most up-to-date words like humongous and lunchbox, this fascinating book is sure to provide a stonking good read for all.
|Oxford Dictionary Of Zoology Oxford University Press Michael A. |
- The only paperback dictionary of zoology available
- Over 5,000 up-to-date entries
- Illustrated with clear line drawings
- Wide coverage including animal behaviour, ecology, physiology, genetics, cytology, evolution, Earth history, zoogeography
- Full taxonomic coverage of arthropods, other invertebrates, fish, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and mammals
- Biographical sketches of famous zoologists
New to this edition
- Reissued with new covers and extensive corrections
This is the only available paperback dictionary of zoology.
|Oxford Dictionary of World History Oxford University Press Wright E. |
- Fully revised and updated history dictionary, containing over 4,000 clear and concise entries
- Biographies of key figures in world history, from Alexander the Great to George W. Bush, Elizabeth I to Nelson Mandela
- International coverage, with detailed entries for every country in the world
- Subject entries on religious and political movements, international organizations, and key battles and places
- 25 detailed maps covering events and topics such as the Black Death, the Normandy Campaign, and the African slave trade
New to this edition
- Revised edition: fully updated to take into account border changes, major changes in regions (e. g. former Yugoslavia), and the addition of recent major events (e. g. the 2004 Tsunami)
- Key biographies extended and updated (e. g. Tony Blair ), with others added (e. g. Vladimir Putin, Benedict XVI )
This wide-ranging dictionary contains a wealth of information on all aspects of history, from prehistory right up to the present day.
|The Oxford Dictionary of Dance Oxford University Press Debra C. |
During the last twenty years the boundaries of dance have been radically redrawn.
|Oxford Dictionary of Current English Oxford University Press |
Definitions are written avoiding technical jargon, so that they are clear and easy to understand. - Over 120,000 words, phrases and definitions
- Fully up-to-date new edition with the latest vocabulary
- Hundreds of new spelling notes to help with tricky words that are commonly misspelled
- Extra usage notes give advice on good English, and help with pronunciation of difficult words The Oxford Dictionary of Current English provides full and up-to-date coverage of English.
|The Oxford Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms Oxford University Press |
Over 140,000 alternative and opposite words are given with the closest, most frequently used synonyms listed first; in addition thousands of real-life examples of usage from the Oxford English Corpus enable the reader to pinpoint the relevant word quickly and easily.
|The Oxford Dictionary of Art and Artists Oxford University Press Ian C. |
For this new edition, entries have been thoroughly revised and updated, and more than fifty new entries have been added, for example Tracey Emin and Jack Vettriano.
|The Oxford Dictionary of Dance Oxford Paperback Reference Oxford University Press Craine D. |
With 150 new entries, this new edition charts developments that have occurred over the last ten years, including the rise of new digital technology in the creation and staging of dance and the move to the mainstream of formerly fringe genres such as hip-hop, as well as the arrival of a new generation of dancers and choreographers to the scene.
|Lend Me Your Ears: Oxford Dictionary of Political Quotations Oxford University Press Jay A. |
You never want a serious crisis to go to waste' . Rahm Emanuel ' A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to excuse his failure to keep his word' . Niccolo Machiavelli '
|Compact Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus Oxford University Press |
The thesaurus provides over 100,000 synonyms and antonyms.
|Little Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs Oxford University Press |
|The Oxford Dictionary of the Classical World Oxford University Press |
This invaluable resource for students and teachers of classics and classical civilization is affordable and quick and easy to use, as well as being a fascinating guide for anyone interested in learning more about the foundations of Western culture.
|The Concise Oxford Dictionary. The Classic First Edition Oxford University Press |
The Concise Oxford English Dictionary, today a world-famous bestseller, has always been a ground-breaking dictionary.